Maria Chara Karypidou
- PhD, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2018- )
Thesis: Assessment of precipitation errors and uncertainty in climate simulations over Africa: investigation of physical processes
- MSc in Meteorology, Climatology and Atmospheric Environment, Department of Meteorology and Climatology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2017)
- BSc in Geography, School of Geography, University of the Aegean, Greece (2015).
- Regional scale atmospheric circulation over tropical Africa
- Southern Africa rainfall climatology
- Regional climate modelling
Scholarships / Awards
- Erasmus Placement, 7-9/2014, University of Reading, Department of Meteorology.
- Erasmus+ Placement, 2-7/2019, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre & the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research.
- Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation, Scholarship for PhD research (2019-2022).
- DAAD, Collaboration between Justus Liebig University Giessen and Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, “The Mediterranean Hot-Spot: Challenges and Responses in a Changing Environment”, 2017 – 2019.
- EC, H2020, Enhancing Food Security in AFRIcan AgriCULTUral Systems with the Support of REmote Sensing (AfriCultures), 2017 – 2021.
- GSRT, General Secretariat for Research and Technology: Greece – Germany bilateral cooperation, Establishment of an “Early Warning System for Mosquito-borne Diseases” and implementation of new vector control tools in the urban environment (EWSMD), 2018 – 2020.
- Alexandridis et al, Designing AfriCultuReS services to support food security in Africa, accepted in Transactions in GIS, 2020.
- Domakinis, C., Mouratidis, A., Voudouris, K., Astaras, T., Karypidou, M. C., Flood susceptibility mapping in Erythropotamos river basin with the aid of Remote Sensing and GIS. AUC Geographica. https://doi.org/10.14712/23361980.2020.1, 2020.