Dr Vasileios Pavlidis
Department of Meteorology and Climatology
School of Geology
- PhD, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2016-2020) Thesis: Investigation of errors and uncertainty in radiation and cloudiness in regional climate simulations
- MSc in Meteorology, Climatology and Atmospheric Environment, School of Geology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2015)
- BSc in Physics, School of Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2011)
- Regional climate modelling
- Aerosol in climate models
- Climate Change
- Climate services for agriculture
- Model evaluation
Scholarships / Awards
- Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation, Scholarship for PhD research (2016-2019)
- EC, H2020, LC-SFS-19-2018-2, Resilient farming by adaptive microclimate managements (STARGATE)
- EC, H2020, Enhancing Food Security in AFRIcan AgriCULTUral Systems with the Support of REmote Sensing (AfriCultures)
- CORDEX- Flagship Pilot Study: Role of the natural and anthropogenic aerosols in the Mediterranean region; past climate variability and future climate sensitivity.
- State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) & German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Greece-Germany bilateral cooperation (IKYDA 2018).
- EU, Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring Service (CAMS-84): Global and regional a posteriori validation, including focus on the Arctic and Mediterranean areas
- EC, FP7, The People Programme, International Research Staff Exchange Scheme, Regional climate-air quality interactions, REQUA
Pavlidis, V., Katragkou, E., Prein, A., Georgoulias, A.K., Kartsios, S., Zanis, P., Karacostas, T., Investigating the sensitivity to resolving aerosol interactions in downscaling regional model experiments with WRFv3.8.1 over Europe, Geoscientific Model Development, 13 (6), pp. 2511-2532, 2020.